Monday, April 16, 2007

Walk Three Hundred and Fifty-Five – Guess where it is!

quickbluebells
I’m busy with the paid job, so it’s lovely to know that it will be light enough to walk in the evening, instead of having to break up the little amount of available work time, fitting in a daylight walk. The last couple of days have been so lovely, summer warmth, but all the beauty of spring. If you have never been to England, but want to visit at least once, I don’t think you’ll find a better time than the end of April towards the beginning of May. Gorgeous landscapes, perfect temperature. Mind you, when I was in my twenties I always thought it was a definite sign of middle age when you heard ladies on the bus, in the summer, fanning themselves and complaining about how much they disliked the heat!

185mm x 115mm watercolour in large moleskine

5 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

That blue and green are incredible. I dont think I have ever seen "proper' blue bells, we have the spanish ones here.

12:13 am  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

A field of blue - now I've never seen that.
I think reading your blog is the nearest I'm gonna get to visiting your neck of the woods. I think I would panic on planes after about five hours, so don't intend to travel further than the South Pacific!
w.

12:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omigosh, that's glorious!

2:03 am  
Blogger Felicity Grace said...

Lovely, definitely one for the book!

4:04 pm  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Penny it really was that kind of colour yesterday and bluebells are one thing we excel at in England.
Ha ha Wendy, anyone who has flown on Fiji Scareways, should be able to fly anywhere.
Thanks Cathy and Felicity – I think you may be right on this one.

8:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home