Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Walk Three Hundred and Fifty-Six – Cowslips

cowslips
A teeny watercolour as I traipsed back and forth over Jersey Farm Woodland Park. I do know that these cowslips (planted by Bill’s wife, I think) are a lovely living memorial to Bill Morriss who did so much work to ensure that we had this park rather than yet another blooming golf course. Isn’t it funny how golf enthusiasts cannot see how a golf course in the middle of countryside is another development eating away at the countryside in much the same way as a superstore or business park. Clipped greens and bunkers covered in men in checked trousers are NOT countryside!

90mm x 95mm watercolour in Moleskine

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the idea of a book. I wish you could publish all of the pictures.

What am I going to have to brighten my day in a couple of weeks when the one mile form home ends?

Rachel

3:47 am  
Blogger Penny said...

Real cowslips, not the over blown polyanthus. these are lovely and what a lovely story about them. I agree golf courses seem to be for members only, not for the general public and the greens etc are so manicured.

11:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home