Sunday, April 22, 2007

Walk Three Hundred and Sixty – And the bluebell wood again

bluespatter
Alison pointed out that I have probably miscounted my walks on more than one occasion to be at this number now. I should probably be closer to the end of the year-long challenge than I think I am. Anyway rather than trawl through all the posts and work out where I’ve got my dates muddled up, I’m going to go for Friday being the last day of the challenge. Some of you have asked whether I’m going to continue. Well I’ve decided that I don’t want a slow fizzle out, so Friday will definitely be my last day posting to this blog. I want to draw a line in the sand. I will of course continue drawing, sketching and walking, just not on this blog. Despite feeling quite sad (especially as I don’t have an excuse to escape the family while I sketchercise) I know that it’s time to build on what I’ve learned and find new challenges.
170mm x 255mm watercolour on Arches CP

3 Comments:

Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Congratulations for getting a whole year of walk and chalk - or whatever you call it. Now you can start something different - an anthropological look at the local village - like that Welshman did in verse perhaps. Or something quite imaginative - a Lord of the Rings on local legends. Okay, it's your experience and artwork, but keep posting anyway.
w.

4:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie, your daily walks shared so generously with us will most definitely be missed. Although I didn't visit EVERY day, I usually went back and caught up periodically, marveling at the beauty and immediacy of your work, and your incredible persistence. It's been a wonderful experience for US, too, and thank you.

I hope you'll be leaving the blog up, even if you aren't posting to it, and that you'll be sure we know where to find you and your other work...you've become art of my artistic experience, and again, thank you. Great job.

11:14 am  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Wendy - I actually saw Under Milk Wood performed in Fiji. I'll still be posting,I have a project in mind
Cathy, I'll definitely leave the blog up and lots of pointers to where I'll be continuing. Thank you both of you for your kind comments

11:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home